The Nash Central High School media center is a learning space that supports students, faculty, staff, community members, and instructional curriculum while encouraging reading, research, collaboration, innovation, and learning. Our media center serves our students, staff, and families by providing a quiet space in which to study, create, and explore a variety of print and electronic materials.
NCHS Media Center Policies
Checking Out Books
- Students may check out two books at a time with a two-week window before books are overdue. Students may renew a book at any time by seeing the Media Coordinator or a student Media Assistant.
- Students will be fined a $0.05 per day overdue fee when a book is kept beyond the two-week check-out window.
- A student may put a book on hold by seeing the Media Coordinator or a student Media Assistant.
- Students will be charged the full replacement price for any book that is lost.
Visiting the Media Center
- To use the Media Center, students must get a Media Center pass from his/her teacher. Using this pass, students must SIGN IN at the circulation desk kiosk upon entering the Media Center.
- When leaving the Media Center to return to class, students must SIGN OUT at the circulation desk kiosk and get their pass signed by the Media Coordinator.
Visiting the Media Center during CENTRAL TIME:
- Students may take advantage of a quiet space during CENTRAL TIME by visiting the library during this time.
- NO food will be allowed in the media center.
- Activities allowed during CENTRAL TIME:
- Small group projects
- Online Classes
- Chromebook Usage, Technology, and library fees can be paid in the Media Center by seeing the Media Coordinator. Please pay in cash.
- Students/Parents may pay technology fees online by visiting this website: https://osp.osmsinc.com/nrm/login.aspx
NCPS School Board Policies
- NCHS Student - Parent Internet Acceptable Use Permission and Model Release Forms
- NRMPS Expectations for Academic Integrity Agreement Form
- NC Wise Owl
- Google Scholar
- Braswell Memorial Library
- NC LIVE